Monday, March 29, 2010

The Pump Organ Reborn


Chair work came to a dead halt during the months of January and February. Seems that's the trend over the past few years and with this past winter, the only thought on any one's mind was staying warm. Thank goodness spring has arrived!! Yahoo!! Any way, I've had this old pump organ in my shed that came from one of the local churches in Galax years and years and years ago. It was in a hundred pieces and sitting on a mud floor. I put it on blocks and swore one day to do something with it. That was back in 1988. Well, I finally got around to working on it during the down time and here are the results. Tell me what you think?

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely job you did on the pipe organ and such a beautiful color. Was that a stain you used with a greenish tint? Will you be using the organ as a desk now, or something else?

    The Wicker Woman-Cathryn Peters
    http://www.WickerWoman.com/chair-caning

    ReplyDelete